ANDREW HARRIS – Creative – Motivated – Experienced
Highly creative and multitalented Designer/Art Director with over 7 years professional experience in multimedia, digital and print design in an advertising agency environment. Exceptional collaborative and interpersonal skills. Passionate about innovative marketing/branding strategies and campaigns. Accustomed to managing multiple deliverables under tight deadlines.
- Skilled at presenting technical and abstract concepts in a clear and concise way
- Over 15 years experience as a classically trained illustrator
- Strong background in design and layout
- Graphic Design (mac-pc): Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign
- Web Development (mac-pc): Adobe Flash, Adobe Image Ready, Adobe Dreamweaver
- Motion Graphics & Video (mac-pc): Adobe After Effects, Final Cut Pro, Storyboarding
Oct 2010 – Current: Art Director – Publicis Toronto
Collaborating with writers, developers and other creative teams, responsible for concepting and creating exciting digital creative work. Primarily working on creative for Canada Post Corp, had worked exclusively on Rogers Communications for several years including pitching/retaining the business when it came under review in 2013-14. Comfortable working alongside creatives, developers and project managers while maintaining good relationships with account services and clients.
- Plan and produce ad campaigns in compliance with corporate guidelines.
- Design standard ads, microsites, mobile ads, console ads, wallpapers, site intro sequences & direct-mail pieces.
- Develop social media concepts for Facebook/Twitter/LinkedIn experiences.
- Produce and manage projects from concept through production.
- Guide resident design interns.
- Attend and participate in client creative meetings.
Client List: Canada Post | Rogers Communications | PayPal | Home Depot | LG | Purina | City of Toronto | WestJet | Dairy Queen | Lennox | FCA
Oct 2013: Tour Guide / Group Leader / Social Media Contact – The Fall Tour of Interactive Studios
- The Fall Tour is an event for students to experience first-hand the culture of local businesses.
- Led a group of 10-15 students around the city to a variety of ad agencies and creative shops to participate in presentations and Q&A sessions.
- Live-tweeted presentations for the event
- As an industry professional, fielded questions and facilitated networking amongst attendees, presenters & staff
Jan 2012: Motion Graphics Artist – Anima Leadership
- Created animation utilizing kinetic type and audio/visual assets provided for a series of informative video segments for the Racism-Free Workplace Strategy.
- Produced animation synced to a voice-over in English as well as French.
June 2010 – Dec 2010: Video Production – SCA Productions
- Produced video in various formats (P2, hard drive, tape).
- Processed and edited the footage (Premier, Final Cut Pro).
- Handled the graphics and effects (After Effects, Combustion).
June 2010 – July 2010: Freelance Motion Graphics Artist – The Marketing Store Worldwide
- Animated static illustrations using Adobe After Effects to utilize cameras and lighting.
- Created effects to layer onto the scene.
Apr 2010 – June 2010: Director of Photography/Editor – FITC
- Filmed and edited over 20 interviews of key speakers at FITC Toronto
- Operated a Panasonic HVX170 for filming.
- Edited footage in both Final Cut Pro and Adobe Premier.
- Jan 2009 to Jun 2010 Digital Media Arts Diploma Seneca College
- Jan 2006 to Jan 2008 Cartooning Certification George Brown College
Available upon request.